CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

"When you're curious, like Curious George"




One of the very first shows Drake ever requested on a regular basis was Curious George. We had to record them so he could watch any time he wanted. And I dare say I have seen every episode at least twice, though some I have seen 10 or more times. Anyway, he was watching the other day and suddenly it hit me; what does The Man in the Yellow Hat do? I mean, does he have an actually job? I remember one episode where he mentioned to George that he had to go to work, but I have never seen him at work. And he can just take off for a week or so to his country house, so if he does have a job he must be the boss since he has so much vacation time.


But I guess the bigger question is, if he doesn't have a job, where does he get all his money? He is obviously not poor as he lives in the city in a building with a door man. And it is obviously not inner-city because you never see drive-bys or scantily dressed young ladies hanging out on the corner. But seriously, he must have an endless supply of money because all trouble George gets into must cost a fortune to fix. Although nobody ever seems to be really mad about the trouble. "Oh, it's just George, no big deal."

And I also wonder, who let him bring George home from Africa in the first place and what kind of nut hole home owners association (you know that building has one) allows a man to have a pet monkey? Maybe The Man with the Yellow Hat is some super rich, super powerful overlord. That is the only explanation as to why he (and George) seem to be allowed to do anything they want (remember the episode where they went into space, and the one where they went diving for a satellite in the ocean and the list goes on and on) and the only reason why he is permitted to where that stupid yellow hat, not to mention the suit, and not get the snot beat out of him everywhere he goes. Of course, if anyone tried that, he could just sic George on them.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROFL! I'm telling you he's a super nova E.T. or a "John". Who else would wear a yellow suit?

Unknown said...

Good questions, really...

But I think you are overlooking something:

here is a man, who obsessivly wears yellow, hangs out at mueseums and art galeries, whose only companion is a child-like monkey.

Gay?

Pedophile?

Serial Killer?

All three?

Unknown said...

LOL! I think he must have inherited his money. Aren't all of the rich guys odd balls?

Dan said...

The man in the yellow suit is the man in the yellow suit. That IS his job.
Like he is the head safari dude from the banana republic or something.

Gay? could be, Michael Jackson had a monkey too. But no yellow suit.

Pedophile? No they would not let a pedophile into children's books, but then again Pee Wee had his own show. So who really knows

Unknown said...

Okay, first of all--if you ask me, he has it bad for Dr. Wiseman so I don't think he's gay. Secondly, I have had these EXACT same thoughts, even just last night! I bought Jack a CG book and the MWTYH wanted George to order a dozen doughnuts but George added 2 zeroes to the order and ended up with 100 dozen doughnuts!! How much did that cost?? (BTW, since George had no money, I'm assuming the MWTYH has some sort of a "tab" at the doughnut shop. I'm pretty much guessing he's an heir. Anyway, was he mad at George? Did he beat him senseless and tell him he was never ever getting Christmas again and if you think I'm joking you've got another thing coming? (Which, of course, would NEVER be my reaction)Nope. They gave the extra 99 dozen to "some hardworking firefighters."
Lucky monkey. Were he MY monkey, I'd have a super special monkey purse the next day!

Fink said...

I thought he was a museum director! But then again what do I know! Love you honey!