CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 13, 2008

Gotta love hairless

A couple of weeks ago, I was informed that I won a $300 gift certificate for laser hair removal. Woohoo!! I have wanted to do this forever, but it is so expensive. Well I went for my consultation tonight and although I really wanted the trifecta (underarms, bikini line and legs) I don't want to have to take out a second mortgage, so I just started with the under arms. And much to my surprise, they were able to do my first treatment right then. I was a bit nervous because I really don't like pain of any kind, but it was lovely. It was far less painful and involved than I imagined and the two year guarantee is a very nice plus. I have 5 more treatments and then I won't have to shave my pits for a good long time. What a fabulous thought.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Dang...they must have had your laser turned down low, cause my pits just about shot me through the roof, and I have a hugely high pain tolerence!

Actually, the pits weren't TOO bad (thanks to the numbing cream) with the exception of right along the tendon. That's where it hurt me. But umm....yeah..."down there" and the back of my knee and hamstrings! HOLY FREAK! Truly not looking forward to the increased laser setting next time. DEEP BREATH...>DEEP BREATH!

I practiced my lamaze quite nicely last Sat. The gal kept telling me I was tough and that she usually has people yelling at her or pushing her hands away. HA HA!

Hooray on 5 sessions. You'll likely see a big difference in about 2 weeks. Don't expect anything before then or you'll be disappointed.

Here's to baby smooth arm pits! I'm so happy for you!

Fink said...

Eek, reading Kristy's response, I will skip it and shave! I adore that few hairs you can't get behind your ankle cuz you are afraid of breathing to death!!!! I just love my hairy pits and such!