CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 17, 2008

Happy Birthday to my little dude



I truly cannot believe that Drake is already three. Today is his birthday and we took him to the Discovery Museum at the Gateway and then to Build a Bear. I think he had a good time.

Anyway, since today is his birthday I thought I would share some fun facts and such about him. Some you may know, and some you may not, but sit back and get to know my little three year old.

*He LOVES trains and anything train related. He even gets excited when he sees the TRAX train downtown. Anytime we go to the store we have to go look at the trains and he always begs to have one, though I try not to give in every time.
*He loves to run and hide when daddy gets home. Although he is the worst hider ever. As soon as Daddy says " I wonder where Drake is", he always yells out where he is hiding, so it makes finding him really easy.
*Whenever we are outside he thinks he needs to dig. He has a bucket of 'diggin stuff' that goes out with him and he will spend a good hour just digging in the dirt. We really need to get the poor kid a sandbox.
*He likes to watch cartoons he has never seen before, but he has his favorites that he always requests. Amongst which are Thomas, Spongebob, Curious George, and Total Drama Island (thank you Cartoon Network)
*He always gives me the cutest answers to questions unless I want him to repeat it for someone else. He truly says the funniest things and keeps me laughing all the time.
*He loves books and has since he was very little. From the time he could get around on his own I would find him in his room looking at books. I am still amazed at how well he will just sit and listen to a story, even a long one.
*He is an ice cream freak and would eat it for every meal if I would let him.
*He does not like juice, and would prefer milk or water.
*He constantly amazes people with how well he talks. In fact, that is the thing they most comment on (well, other than his immense energy level). I don't remember him saying many individual words, he pretty much just went straight to sentences.
*And speaking of which, one of his first sentences was "I push buttons". He loves buttons and loves to try to figure out how things work. I just know he will take apart more than one appliance for us later in life and probably not be able to get it back together.
*He has a great memory for songs and can usually pick up the words after hearing a song only a few times.
*He loves to "help" and is especially fond of sorting laundry.
*He loves to play rough, but has such a soft heart. He feels really bad if he thinks he has hurt you or hurt your feelings.

I am so happy to have him and love being his mom. Happy Birthday Drake.

11 comments:

Todd Kauffman said...

wow. this is so sweet. i wish my mom would have said something this nice about me when i was young.

Unknown said...

What a cutie! I can't believe that he is 3!

Unknown said...

Perfect I missed another birthday, what a crappy uncle.

If you e-mail me your address I can send a card. I like the kid and would like to do something.

Unknown said...

"I wanna be famous!"

He is so cute. Thanks for taking care of him.

Tracey said...

Happy birthday little man!

Kristy

Sheryl said...

He sounds like a little treasure, Michelle. You've scrapped all that stuff, right?!

G.Ma said...

I just love that little guy so very much. I have always known he is very smart just like his grandma Lee (ha ha--OK now you can all quit laughing) He is such a joy in my life! And he is somewhat of a "character".
Happy Birthday Drakie! I love you!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah Happy belated Birthday little drakie!

And yes Michelle really having The Kauffman comment on your blog is oober cool!

Fink said...

What a cutie! Sure wish I would have gotten to meet him when I was there! I have to come back or you need to come here!!!!! Love you my friend

joybear said...

What a cutie, hope he had a great day!

Mer said...

Your little guy is a doll! Happy birthday to Drake!