CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Carving pumpkins

When I was a girl, one of my favorite things about Halloween was carving the pumpkins. I loved diggin out the "guts" and carving a face to make it a Jack-o-lantern.
Last night Shane, Drake and I carved our pumpkins, and I was forced to wonder why I loved it so much. It's kind of gross, and messy and you can't just make a simple face anymore, you have to get all fancy. I opted for an "easy" ghost pattern, that was not so easy for me. (I guess I am kind of a spaz). Shane went for the Phantom pattern, which turned out pretty cool, though he did break his little carving knife in the process. Drake drew a great little face on his and then I cut it out for him. He seemed to have a fun time so maybe it's just a kid thing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun. We haven't even thought of pumpkins yet! eek! Looks like Drake had tons of fun and really that's a great face he drew.

Kristy said...

Yup...that's our plan for tonight. well tracey gets to do it with the kids while i'm having my hair done. I did tell him to make it easier, since we have 7 pumpkins, I'd gut them this afternoon. Oh joy.

G.Ma said...

I always had fun carving pumpkin's when you kids were little. I didn't even mind the seed and guts. I was never good at carving but I loved watching you kids having a good time.
It looks like you all had a great time and the jacks turned out real good!