CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

Over a month ago Drake decided he wanted to be a skeleton for Halloween, so I went looking for a costume and couldn't find one. So I thought I could convince him to be something else. My wonderful neighbor dug through her old halloween costumes and found a really cute Bob the Builder, but when I suggested it to Drake he did not like that idea at all. In fact, anytime anyone asked him what he was going to be he would respond by saying "I'm not gonna be Bob the Builder". So I went to e-bay (which I love) and found a really cute Dash from the Incredibles. I showed it to Drake and he thought that would be ok, so I bought it and we set about convincing him how cool Dash is. I thought he was totally fine with it, until one day about a week ago when we were at WalMart. He saw a skeleton costume and asked if that was his costume. I told him no, that he was going to be Dash. Well, he puckered up and just started crying. And not a bratty, give-me-what-I-want kind of cry. I am talking heart broken sobbing that he did not want to be Dash, he wanted to be a skeleton. "Please, Momma." So, because I am a sucker and he is spoiled, I bought the dang thing. But I must say, he looked so dang cute and was so happy that it was totally worth it.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I like how we teach him that just because he cries about somehting, that doesn't mean he will get it.

but, yeah, it works on me too.

Kristy said...

So cute!

Aaron changed his mind last minute as well and went as Bat Man. He wore his jammies. Good thing a $2.50 batman mask saved that one!

Anonymous said...

He looks so cute. I love that pic of him with his skeleton hand to his face!

Fink said...

Well he sure is a cute skeleton!

G.Ma said...

Sometimes you just have to give in. He looks so happy! What a cutie!

Unknown said...

Awe he looks adorable -- and yeah I fall for it all the time - it's their world we just live in it.

twinsand2boys said...

what a cute costume!

Jackie said...

Hi Michelle, just popping by your blog to say hi.I love the skeleton costume!
:)