CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 11, 2008

I can do this

As some of you know, I am planning to run a 5k in Oct. I started "training" about 6 weeks ago. (Yes, it is taking me three months to get ready for this because I have not run in over 20 years.) This morning I was supposed to run 2.5 miles without stopping and I thought, there is no way. Well, I was about a mile and a half into it, feeling pretty good and thinking, I can so do this, when I tripped. I was not really hurt, but so mad that I fell and had to "walk it off". So I walked for about 2 minutes and then ran the rest. I must say I feel pretty proud of myself that I ran most of it. It's no half marathon like Tracey and Kristy did, but it's good for me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're doing awesome. I'm not so sure I'll be able to do it.

Dan said...

Good for you (the running not the falling)
Keep up the good work!

Kristy said...

GASP! You updated! YIPEE!

I'm sorry you tripped, but way to go at keeping going.

There was no way I was going out this morning. I feel like I've been run over by a truck, but sheesh....I'd do it all again in a heartbeat!

I can't wait for our run in Oct. Isn't it amazing to watch people nearing a finish line? I tell you that, that is exactly what convinced me that I wanted to run myself, was watching people for an hour and a half at the relay that Tracey did. The range of emotions is incredible to witness. And I am here to tell you that being the one crossing the finish line is such an amazing feeling! Just wait...do one race and you'll be begging for more!

Oh and hey....how bout scrapping on the 30th? I'm planning on going somewhere.