CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

You mean, he's an......actor?

You all know the "free credit report.com" commercials, right? Well, I hate to be the barer of bad news, but appaerntly the guy that sings in those commercials is not real. Well, he is real, but the situations he is singing about, are not his real life situations. That's right, it's all fake. I know, I am as shocked as you are. According to this article, people aren't overly upset by the website itself, which promises a free credit report, but makes you enroll in the $14.95 monthly crediting program (which the commercials do mention and I quote "free credit report applies with enrollment in triple advantage"), but people are "freaking out" when they learn that the guy in those commercials isn't actually The Guy and even worse, that isn't his band. That's right, he doesn't really work in a fish restaraunt and he isn't in a marriage doomed by his lying dream girl (though I do get that little ditty in my head and yes, I do know all the words). Though he does play the guitar in real life.

So the question here is, where are these people that actually think this guy on a COMMERCIAL is real? Are they the same people who don't understand that TV shows are filmed on a sound stage using actors? That's right, someone does not really get killed on CSI every night. And even "reality shows" are somewhat scripted (wow, I will cause a serious outrage there. Go ahead, send me your hate mail.) Are they the same people that think all movie are documentaries and the events happen in real time?

Seriously people, it's not a scandal or a hoax. It's just a commercial. They are ALL ACTORS. It's ok, that's how it's done. So, I will continue to giggle and sing along with the little jingles. "So I married my dream girl, I married my dream girl, but she didn't tell me her credit was bad...................."

7 comments:

Dan said...

So, do people really think that you are going to find some dude with stinko credit who can also sing and has a band? And is willing to sing about it? dah!

Peggy said...

Okay, if you all of a sudden break it to me that there is no Santa Claus, we are BREAKING UP!! You're harshing my buzz here, Michelle...

Kristy said...

Hee hee....

People.

Unknown said...

I am the highlander...
I AM IMMORTAL!!!


...i'm not imortal...

Anonymous said...

duh!!! Wait does that mean Chuck Norris is an actor too?

Michelle said...

No Jana, Chuck Norris is King!

G.Ma said...

My heart is broken. I always thought TV was for reals. I will never be the same again or believe in anything in my life--I am doomed