CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

He's so logical

Many of you know that I have started training to run a 5k (not a big feat, I know, but when you haven't even jogged for years, it is not easy). I have been going in the mornings before Shane goes to work, but since he was out of town yesterday, I had to take Drake in his stroller. So I start running and the following conversation takes place:

Drake: You running? (with some shock in his voice)
Me: Yup
Drake: Who is trying to get you?
Me: Nobody, I am just running.
Drake: Why?
Me: Cause it is good for me.
Drake: Oh
((Couple of minutes of silence except for my labored breathing.))
Drake: You ok, mommy?
Me: Yeah, it is just hard to run.
Drake: Then stop running.

Such a logical solution, why didn't I think of it?

5 comments:

Kristy said...

Silly boy. I'm glad that JM is too little to carry on a conversation when I have to take him cause I don't think I could handle it. Now when I have to take BOTH boys running....I let Tracey push.

Too funny Drakie boy...but don't let your momma stop!

Dan said...

The wisdom of a child. If it's hard stop doing it!

Sheryl said...

So funny! Keep up the training, Michelle - you know it will be worth it.

Anonymous said...

Funny. Glad I don't have to take Q, imagine those conversations.

Jen Gallacher said...

Oooh, how I hate to run. Totally admire your training for a 5K! :)