CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Is it false hope?

For a couple of weeks now Drake has been interested in the "potty". I sort of brushed it off at first, but finally decided that if he wants to potty, I would give it a try. So for the last few days I have been asking him if he needs to go. And other than at night and during naps, he has not gone in his diaper at all. The only problem is that he never really tells me he needs to go unless I ask him. Am I trying to do this too early, or should I stick with it and just be patient. I don't feel frustrated at all, I just don't know if it is really too early to hope for him to be potty trained. He is just under 2 1/2. What do you think?

3 comments:

Fink said...

At least he is giving you the idea that some time in the future he will be ready! Just try to encourage him to go. Friends of mine that had boys said all of the sudden they just go! I guess no matter what age--they are pains in the butt!

Kristy said...

Oh Michelle.. I like your blog! Not boring at all! ;)

Peggy said...

I agree-they just GO. Jack one day took off his diaper, went in the potty and NEVER looked back. I can count his "accidents" on one hand and most of them have been my fault (twice we were somewhere he'd never been before, once we were at the store and he kept telling me he had to go and I kept telling him to hold on a second..)He gets up during naps/bedtime to go and then goes back to bed..it's really an amazing phenomenon. I have to say, though, when he first started going he wore a pull up at night and during naps and if we were going out. (If we were going out, I put the pull up on OVER his underwear so if he had an accident, he had to sit in it for awhile until we got home. I'm sort of a mean mom but it worked!) Good luck!